With gas prices rising high these days, you may want to take the initiative to save money with your fleet. There are several ways you can reduce your fleets' fuel consumption.
- Measure how economically your drivers are driving - First and foremost, you should find a way to measure how efficient or inefficient your vehicles are so that you know which cars need improvement. Some vehicles have specific software that gives you this insightful info. Otherwise, you can invest in a system that measures it.
- Reward economical drivers - By rewarding your best drivers, you can encourage them to drive better. Throwing in some friendly competition will make your drivers more cautious of their driving style and habits. Perhaps, there will be less excessive harsh accelerations, braking, and sharp turning.
- Plan your trips smarter - Optimizing your routes is the best way to save on fuel expenses. Changing the order of stops can save tens or hundreds of miles each day.
- Invest in new cars - Nowadays, newer cars have more advanced technology that provides cleaner and more efficient power delivery. Cars, vans, and trucks are overall more fuel-efficient than they were years ago. By assessing your fleet, getting rid of the older vehicles, and replacing them with new ones can be a considerable investment that saves you money down the line.
- Maintenance - Like any other car, your fleet also needs regular maintenance. From oil changes, tire rotations to filter replacements, these little tasks can make a change in your vehicles' gas mileage. Please don't overlook the importance of maintenance for your fleet and get it done on time so that your fleet can achieve the best possible MPG.
If your fleet system needs auto maintenance, look no further than Woodie's Auto Service & Repair Centers. We proudly service most makes and models, including fleet vehicles in the Charlotte area.