Summer is notorious for high gas prices, and if you’re noticing that you have been spending much more on gas lately, it may be time to adjust your driving habits and make some changes. Although each tip for saving money on fuel has a small effect, making multiple changes can actually help keep money in your wallet when it comes to buying fuel.
Here are our top tips for saving money on fuel this summer:
- Driving safer and smoother. If you are constantly hitting the gas pedal, slamming on your brakes, or driving fast - you are using up more fuel than needed. By adjusting your driving habits, such as driving at the speed limit and allowing yourself plenty of time to brake, you’ll end up using less gas and saving yourself some cash.
- Use the right fuel grade. Check your owner’s manual to make sure that your vehicle is getting the right grade of fuel at the pump. You may have been pumping premium in your car when you actually don’t need it.
- Lighten the load of your vehicle. Having a bunch of items in your cabin and trunk can cause excessive vehicle weight and actual ends up require more fuel to travel.
- Check your tires. Properly inflated tires will allow you to get the best fuel efficiency out of your vehicle as possible. Low inflated tires require more effort and fuel to accelerate your vehicle on the road.
- Stay current with your vehicle’s maintenance. A well maintained vehicle will run better and more efficiently. Be sure to have regular vehicle inspections and hit your factory recommended services when they are due.
We hope that these tips will help you save money on fuel this summer and throughout the years. If your vehicle has significantly decreased in fuel efficiency, there may be a different underlying problem with your vehicle. Don’t hesitate to give our shop a call or stop by for service.